Vision & Mission
C3A aims to support the academic vision and mission of NUST and to provide quality mental health services and ensure a harassment-free NUST campus.
Based on a commitment to help our community as well as enhancing their social, personal, and ethical development, our mission involves fostering individual success, engagement, and well-being through the following:
- Educating and orienting NUST employees to ensure a sexual harassment free campus. Continuing to build the capacity of students and employees on harassment issues in accordance with 2010 act.
- Providing high quality professional counselling services to students who experience educational, social, personal, psychological or adjustment problems which inhibit academic performance and personal development.
- Continually reviewing and evaluating practice and pursuing new initiatives which address the changing needs of the NUST ecosystem.
- Providing professional consultation to faculty, fostering awareness of the psychological aspects of learning.
- Using knowledge gained through counselling to help the University identify and address areas of stress.
- Helping students determine their strengths and weaknesses and identifying aptitudes which will facilitate them in making right career choices.
- Assisting students in occupational exploration and personal life planning.
- Crisis intervention and emergency response through cooperative arrangements with other community resources.
- Empowering students so that they may grow into productive individuals